Thursday, February 15, 2007

A Dozen (Stinking) Roses for Valentine's Day!

Last night wound up being a great time, despite a rocky start. I picked up Karen (first thought: DAMN, she's hot!) and drove to The Stinking Rose for a nice, quiet dinner. Our reservations were for 8:30, but we didn't actually get seated till 9:15. I was miffed, but she was totally cool about it. She stopped me from causing a scene by giving me my gift--a framed photo of the two of us from the day we met at Zack's famous Labor Day BBQ.

Once we sat down, we ordered some Merlot and our dinner. She had the salmon and I just HAD to order the "Silence of the Lamb Shank" because it actually came with a Chianti glaze & fava beans! HAHA!

At home, we both realized that spending Valentine's Day drenched in garlic wasn't the smartest idea--I still reek of it much to the dismay of my co-workers--but at least I know neither of us are Vampires! lol!

No comments: